In this Privacy statement MTF Finance or we or our means Motor Trade Finance Limited and includes any third party transferred MTF Finance’s rights.
MTF Finance dealers and franchisees
MTF Finance has a network of MTF Finance franchisees and approved dealers who provide vehicle finance. Our franchisees and dealers are referred to in this Privacy statement as “MTF Finance Originators”.
This Privacy statement explains how MTF Finance and MTF Finance Originators collect, hold, use and share your personal information.
You should read this Privacy statement carefully and make sure you understand it before you use the MTF Finance website (Website) or sign a contract with an MTF Finance Originator.
If you have any queries about your privacy, talk to us – contact details are set out below.
MTF Finance’s privacy commitment
MTF Finance recognises the importance of protecting your personal information.
“Personal information” is defined in the Privacy Act 2020 (as amended from time to time) (the Privacy Act) and means all information about an identifiable individual.
MTF Finance and MTF Finance Originators will only collect, use and share your information in accordance with the Privacy Act and this Privacy statement.
Agreement to this Privacy Statement
By accessing our Website and/or entering into a contract with an MTF Finance Originator, you allow MTF Finance and MTF Finance Originators to collect, use, and share personal information about you in accordance with the Privacy Act and this Privacy statement.
This Privacy statement will apply to any personal information you provide when you:
- use our Website to make an enquiry or apply for an MTF Finance product or service;
- participate in a competition;
- create a Website account or access our Website using your personal login; or
- enquire about or sign a contract with an MTF Finance Originator.
If you provide MTF Finance or an MTF Finance Originator with any other person’s information (such as a guarantor or beneficial owner), or allow collection of that information, you confirm that that person has allowed MTF Finance or an MTF Finance Originator to collect, use and share their personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act and this Privacy statement.
You also confirm that you have informed them of their rights to access their personal information set out in this Privacy statement.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
MTF Finance may update this Privacy statement from time to time by publishing an updated version on our Website. You should check the Privacy statement on our Website periodically for changes.
Any changes to the Privacy statement apply to all information collected before and after the publication date. If we think any changes may directly affect you, we will aim to let you know by sending you a message or highlighting the change on our Website. We may also take additional steps to bring the changes to your attention, as required by law.
Collection of personal information
MTF Finance and MTF Finance Originators will only collect your personal information directly from you, unless you have consented to us collecting that information from another party. For example, a credit reporting agency, or where the information is publicly available.
You do not have to provide us with the information we ask for, however if you choose not to, it may affect the services we can provide to you.
We have safeguards in place to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised loss, access, disclosure, modification or use.
Use of your personal information
You consent to your personal information being used by MTF Finance and MTF Finance Originators for the following:
- assessing your application, including your and/or any applicable guarantor’s creditworthiness if you apply for credit;
- assisting to provide the products or services you request, including ongoing administration;
- assessing your eligibility for other products or services that MTF Finance or an MTF Finance Originator considers may be of interest to you, including assessing whether offering such products or services to you complies with the responsible lending principles in the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003 and the Responsible Lending Code;
- offering other products or services to you which MTF Finance or an MTF Finance Originator considers may be of interest to you (including by email and other electronic methods);
- complying with laws, rules or regulations, including any laws, rules or regulations that we reasonably expect to be put in place, or as part of any legal investigation or proceedings;
- complying with industry standards and our policies;
- registering security interests;
- exercising rights and fulfilling our obligations under any agreements with you or at law, including the Privacy Act; and
- using the information for other purposes that you consent to at any time.
Sharing of your personal information
You consent to your personal information being shared with, accessed by or obtained from other organisations or people MTF Finance and MTF Finance Originators considers appropriate for the purposes listed above. These other organisations or people may include:
- MTF Finance’s related companies;
- service providers, financial and insurance institutions, and any person directly or indirectly involved in providing funding to MTF Finance or any of its related companies;
- credit reporting agencies;
- government departments, government bodies or agencies in New Zealand or overseas (including tax and law enforcement authorities);
- the New Zealand Transport Agency’s ‘Driver Check’ service;
- any organisation or person providing us with guarantees or security under any agreement with you;
- our existing and potential business partners;
- any organisation or person we consider assigning or transferring any of our rights under any agreement with you; and
- any other organisation or person you consent to your personal information to be shared with or obtained from.
MTF Finance and MTF Finance Originators may use the services of credit reporting agencies on an on-going basis. We may exchange information about you with those agencies (including information about your default and repayment history). Those agencies may retain that information and provide that information to other customers who use their credit reporting services.
Occasionally we may need to send your personal information outside New Zealand, including to service providers and suppliers that may be located overseas or have overseas operations. If we do send personal information overseas either directly or via a third party, it will only be for the purposes listed in this Privacy statement. We will ensure that any such transfer of personal information will only be undertaken in compliance with the Privacy Act.
By browsing and reading the information on our Website, MTF Finance may gather information about your visit automatically.
MTF Finance's system tracks traffic to our Website. This is not personally identifiable to you. We do this to help determine the value and quality of our Website’s content. It also allows us to monitor traffic for the purposes of software and hardware integrity and maintenance.
This may include using a “cookie” (a small data file) containing information that can identify the computer or device you are browsing from. Some features of our Website may require cookies to function.
Access to your personal information and your rights
Any personal information that MTF Finance holds about you will be held at Level 1, 98 Great King Street, Dunedin, New Zealand or on our behalf by a third-party service provider. You have the right to access and request correction of personal information.
If we refuse you access to your personal information, we will provide you with an explanation for that refusal. The Privacy Act sets out reasons we may withhold information from you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. Withdrawing your consent to use or disclosure of your personal information may mean that we can no longer provide you with certain products or services.
MTF Finance's contact address is PO Box 885, Dunedin 9054 or email@example.com
Please contact the relevant MTF Finance Originator for details of where they hold personal information about you.
Last updated November 2020